I'm a long way from "Monday, Monday", my last post. I have gone through a variety of emotions during the past week.
- Frustration... that my son is not much better.
- Sadness... that I can't fix it. Aren't mom's supposed to fix everything?
- Thankful... for friends who are praying and a God who cares for us.
- Tearful... I don't know why, but I put in an old movie and just slipped away from reality for a while. Seemed to do the trick.
- Joyful... Autumn is so beautiful. I love the frosty cold and the colorful leaves.
- Reflective... I've had some quiet moments where stories have come back to mind. Things I need to put into writing before they slip away again.
Life is a continual forward-moving force. If we don't pay attention, it can slip right by us. It can leave us wondering what we did with all that time. I decided there were some things I needed to do differently, so I told myself to: Make a plan to notice each day; to celebrate the little moments, as well as the big events. Surprise old friends with a phone call or a visit. Surprise myself by trying something new. Find meaning in my life. Live with a purpose. Drink it all in... all of it!
And in doing all that, remind myself to thank my Heavenly Father for every minute of life He has blessed me with.
I hope your day is filled with blessings, both large and small.