Tuesday, January 11, 2011

01-11-11

I love when numbers line up in certain ways.  Like today's date, 01-11-11.  It's my  cousin-in-law's birthday... she's married to my cousin... I don't know if that's an official category for in-law's, but whatever!  Anyway, Happy Birthday to Robin!  Like I told her on FB, today she really is #1!

Actually, she's a #1 in my book every day of the year.  Robin is one of those people who just makes you smile.  She's always got a hug and a laugh for you.  If you're in her home, she's the most considerate hostess... making you cups of coffee, making sure you're comfortable.  It's like a vacation within a vacation!  I haven't had the fun of a visit since my 25th Anniversary trip in  2006.  Here is Robin...  (Hint: click on photos to enlarge)

Robin, showing her flower display (yes, I made her pose for this)
Always making the best of everything, Robin took an old broken down dresser and transformed it into a showcase for flowers.  She said she was channeling Leah, my mom, who had a knack for making "something" out of nothing!  Robin, I hope you are having an amazing birthday!  Sending love and hugs your way!

Kent, Robin, Grandma, Grandpa, Jenn, Andy at Camp long ago...


Also must send "up" a birthday greeting.  Today would have been my Grandpa's birthday.  Yes, I still miss him... the twinkle in his eye, the love he had for people, his commitment to God.  He loved the fact that he shared a birthday with Robin, his oldest grandson's wife.  Happy Birthday Grandpa!  Thanks for the love and the laughter...

2 comments:

Sally said...

How sweet!! I love what she did with the dresser; unique!!

You have such a wonderful family. :)

Nita Jo said...

I think my family is pretty great too! That dresser was so fun. I want to do some interesting projects like that. I noticed while going through my comments, you are my only reader who takes the time to comment lately. Thank you so much! I love feedback!

*Hugs*
Nita Jo