Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

It's one hour into the new year at my house.  Two of our dear friends, Alan and DeAnn, just left for home.  We had such a fun evening.  It started with Chinese food at the Great Wall... a brand new one, just a short drive from my house.  Then we came back here for Dominoes, coffee, chocolate truffles, and lots of laughter. 

Life is made so much sweeter when you have good friends to share it with.  Friendship doesn't require a fancy home, riches, or a certain social status... it just requires sharing your time, a sense of humor, an open heart...

I am starting this new year with a renewed sense of hope and optimism.  I'm not making any particular resolutions.  I want to always look for the good in life, to appreciate each day I am given, to share my heart with those I love, and never forget how blessed I am. 

May you go into the New Year with anticipation, joy, and faith in the future.

5 comments:

Donna said...

How wonderful! We plan to do much more entertaining this year! Best wishes for a terrific 2011, my blogging friend!

Paula ~ castleandcottagesigns said...

Hi Nita Jo...Happy New Year! So happy to read (when I scrolled down to an earlier post) that you are doing well and cancer free!!...I pray 2011 is a beautiful year for you and your family!
paula:)

Donna said...

Happy New Year Sweetie!! Glad you had a Blast!!! Water your friendship and it will Always continue to grow!!
hughugs

Nita Jo said...

Thanks ladies! I am looking forward to this year. I just know many wonderful things are out there just waiting to be discovered and enjoyed! God has been good to me... He brought so many wonderful friends into my life... like each of you! Love and Hugs!

Lisa said...

Beautifully said/written.