Sunday, May 22, 2022

May Prompts #3

I'm really lagging behind on this challenge. Just a reminder, these are part of a challenge for the class I'm taking though Grow Me A Story. You take the prompt, set a 5 minute timer, and just write. These are the results. Sorry for the very long post. That's what happens when you procrastinate.


13.What is your favorite book set in summer and why?

First of all I had to define for myself "book set" read in the summer or a book "set" in the summer season. Two very different things. I decided to go with book sets. That said, this will be a list of some favorites because I can't seem to chose just one set. I also found myself caught between the word set and series. A set indicates a smaller collection in my mind. Here are a few favorites I highly recommend for both younger and older readers and everyone in between:

Chronicles of Narnia, The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, the Anne of Green Gables set, the Mary Poppins books, the Harry Potter series, the Miss Marple mystery series (my personal favorite Agatha Christie books though Poirot and the rest are very good too), the Cat Who mysteries, Louise Penny's Inspector Gamache series, Deborah Crombie's Duncan Kincaid and Jemma James mysteries, the James Herriot All Creatures Great and Small book series. These are many of my favorites, but not all. These are books I would read again and again. Curl up in a lounge chair in your back yard or on a beach, cool beverage in hand, and enjoy some great summer reading!


14.Finish this sentence: I wish my readers knew that . . .

My goal in writing is to reach the heart. To touch peoples lives, to open then up to new ideas, and to share my thoughts on certain isues. In a book I would want the story to take them on a journey where they would see people who are just like themselves, but see them in a new way, and to get to know people who are very different than themselves too, perhaps gaining a new level of acceptance and love for them, even forgiveness if needed. I hope to show that even the ugliest situation can be turned. That the most vile people deserve a chance for forgiveness if they want it. That we are all deserving of that 2nd, 3rd, or 500th chance to begin again. To start anew. Forgiveness and love are two of the goals in my writing.


15.Use the word "possibility" as your prompt today.

Possibility. A thing to look forward to. Hope. Expectation. A dream or idea that has the potential of coming true. Not fantasy. An actual possibility. A thing that can happen! The word is filled with hope. I have the possibility of improving my health, of completing my book, of getting published. There are also possiblities for travel in my future. For accomplishing some long awaited home improvements. Possibility is a word without fear for me. Though there could be the chance of bad things ahead, I only see it as a positive. Good things out there just waiting to be realized and enjoyed!


16. Describe a routine that works well for you.

Another hard one. I tend to buck against routine, although I start most days very much the same. Upon waking I take my morning meds, wash up or shower, get dressed, say my morning prayers, and most days I now write my morning pages aka sowing seeds for Grow Me a Story. Somewhere before, during, or after, I make my 1st cup of coffee for the day. That's about it for routine other than prayers at bedtime and making sure I water my houseplants on the weekend. I do fit in my physical therapy exercises but at no particular time. I'm more of a free spirit drifting my way through my days. I might benefit from adding more routine to my days. Something to consider.



© 22MAY2022 ajjahner

No comments: