Saturday, April 5, 2008

Computers...a blessing and a curse!

I've had two days of computer nightmares! I'd sign on for 30 seconds... it would sign me off, sign me on, sign me off, sign me on... You get the picture!

I updated my AOL. I cleaned all the browser/cookies/everything I could think of from my files. I defragmented and cleaned/rebooted/unplugged/reinstalled and then rebooted again!

I called AOL... I called Qwest! I thought BAD thoughts! Then, I had to repent of all the bad thoughts. I even considered throwing the whole thing across the room. The final straw was when I tried to unplug everything from the tower. I was bent over trying to see the back of the thing, when the DSL Modem I had carefully put on top of my piano came plunging down and hit me right on the back of my head. You might say I was at a very low point in my day.

My day began so nicely. The sun came out all shiney and springlike. I had a fantastic conversation with my Grandma on the phone (who was also loving the sunshine coming in through her window). I got some fun things in the mail. Saturday laundry and cleaning was going beautifully. Then I sat down to list an item on eBay... the same one I tried to list six times yesterday. Anyway...

All is well at last. I have my internet back. How did I survive before I had all these connections to the world? I can read the blogs of my friends, I can correspond with them, shop, play games, share photos. The list goes on and on.

I'm back in cyberspace, and all's right with my world (my internet world anyway)!

No comments: