Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Lucky 13

Many people consider the number 13 to be unlucky. My family considers it a "lucky" number.

  • My grandfather was born in the year 1913
  • My son was born on the 13th
  • According to Grandpa, my son was the 13th great grandchild

Today, Mama Duck was away from her nest, and PJ counted 13 eggs! That's more than twice as many as last years resident duck. I tried to sneak out to get a picture of the eggs, but while I was getting my camera she came back. I didn't see her in the early morning half light. Then I heard a warning "hissss" and there she was. She was standing between me and her nest, ready to run me off if necessary. It will be exciting to see if they all hatch.

Well, I'd better get back to work. I'm boxing up stuff to FreeCycle. People post things to give away, or something they're looking for. Everything is given at no cost. It's often items the second hand stores have too much of, or would toss. Sometimes these items are very nice, almost new.

One day there was an older, used car and it was in running condition. It went before I could even respond. I guess we didn't need another old car, but it would have been nice to fix up for younger son, Lucky 13. Maybe that name will get his approval... he hates being called CelloBoy. Anyway, he hasn't even taken his Driver's Ed. Class, so there's really no rush.

If you're a friend, you know I'm a "bit" of a "clutter queen" so I have a lot to give away, sell, or FreeCycle. I'd better get busy!

No comments: