Friday, April 11, 2008

Let The Sun Shine!

It is a beautiful day! Sunny, warm, and all reports say we'll be nearing 70 tomorrow! This is an amazing end to a very trying week, and today is so much better. Younger son well! Older son back on track with health and car (being repaired today... money isn't everything... boohoo). P having a great visit with his Dad this weekend. I'm feeling better! My internet is working at full speed! Hooray! It took a second round of visits with Qwest, AOL, and HP help centers, but looks like a fix! Praises abound at my house!

I got a call from my dear friend, Carol. She is enjoying this day on the far side of our valley with her girls. They're doing a history day competition. Schedules are too tight for a visit this weekend, but we will get together soon. Being from the "far north snow country" she is loving the sunshine and flowers. Her enthusiasm raised my appreciation of this gorgeous day even higher!

Friends have been my theme this week. They provide a light in the darkness when life seems to get the best of you. I've had some very uplifting phone calls and emails. It's amazing what a few words of encouragement and love can do for the soul, not to mention the power of their prayers. I am so blessed with my friends. Here are a couple of quotes that just connected with me this week. I hope they lift you up.

"The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart."
- Elizabeth Foley

"A friend is someone who sees through you and still enjoys the view."
- Wilma Askinas

and from a favorite author of mine, L. M. Montgomery in Anne of Green Gables:

"Marilla," she (Anne) demanded presently, "do you think that I shall ever have a bosom friend in Avonlea?"

"A--a what kind of friend?"

"A bosom friend--an intimate friend, you know--a really kindred spirit to whom I can confide my inmost soul. I've dreamed of meeting her all my life. I never really supposed I would, but so many of my loveliest dreams have come true all at once that perhaps this one will, too. Do you think it's possible?"

Bosom friends and kindred spirits... they bless us in our daily lives. Sometimes not even realizing the positive impact they have made in our hearts.

For all my dear friends I am thankful!

No comments: