Sunday, February 5, 2012

My Weekend...

Due to an unfortunate allergic reaction, to something I ate Friday evening, I missed posting yesterday.  It was a Chicken Habanero sandwich from a pizza place.  I didn't want pizza, like the rest of the family, so I got a sandwich.  Apparently I have an allergy to the sauce or to Jalapeno Peppers.  Wheezing, hives, unbearable itching, and eyes swelled up.  I looked hideous.  Almost did the 911 call!  Had my husband grab the Benadryl and quickly took two.  That's what the docs told him to do if he ever gets another bee sting.  The symptoms started to calm down in about 15 minutes, but my eyes stayed swollen until late last night.  Needless to say, no more Jalapeno's for me, and I'm going to schedule an allergy test soon!

Today is a family day.  We'll be watching the Super Bowl later.  We're rooting for the Patriots because the Giants beat our Green Bay Packers!  My sister-in-law didn't make the long trip.  Fortunately she was only an hour into the journey, when PJ called and told her the engine wouldn't work for his car.  She decided to head back home and come for a visit later on.  Hopefully, PJ can find another engine that will work in his Chevy.  If this is confusing... go to the previous post.

I've been baking this morning.  Poppy Seed Muffins with Lemon Glaze, Kalua Cake, Tortilla Casserole, and Spicy Meatballs!  No, I'm not worrying about calories today.  I do have a nice big veggie tray to balance things out a little.  It's time to go finish my prep for game time!  Go Patriots!

No comments: