I stayed with my grandparents off and on from the day I was born, then permanently when I was just 8 years old. I'm not going to write a long story about him, just a few descriptive words...
- grandpa, father
- minister, man of tremendous faith, believed in the power of prayer
- loved his family, proud of every new addition to it
- loved me unconditionally
- looked for the best in people
- taught me to be generous
- sang in his beautifully off-key voice with joy
- loved to laugh, and his laughter was contagious
- loved nature, gardening, birds
- always made time for people
- dressed well, even when spending the day at home
- had beautiful handwriting
- loved words and learning
- remembered your name...
I always expected grandpa would live well beyond his 100th birthday. He loved life, and this beautiful world we live in. He had a vision for a better, more peaceful world. I still carry the same hope in my heart.
Wishing each of you joy and hope.
Wishing grandpa a very Happy Birthday. I will always remember...