Friday, June 3, 2022

Farmer's Market

June 3rd Prompt - 

Imagine your ideal reader is at a farmer's market. What does she buy, and why?

Farmer's Market Photo from Pixabay

I imagine my readers would go for the same type of things I enjoy. All the fresh produce, green beans, onions, tomatoes, strawberries, blueberries, corn, or whatever is in season at the moment. They would also take a look at any local arts and crafts. Maybe buy a handpainted sign for their home or an original painting. Home canned fruits or jams. Once they had browsed through the selection of produce and other items for sale and made their purchases, they would indulge in a local tamale, sandwich, or other street food for their lunch. I like to believe my readers would enjoy giving back to local farmers and artists and giving their support to small businesses. 

~ ~ ~

I hope you're enjoying my responses to my daily prompts. Some are more difficult for me to write about than others. Today was one of those. It was odd to try to get into my reader's mind. It's easier to get into an imaginary character's mind for some reason. It's also been several years since I was actually able to visit a farmer's market. I found myself wondering if they are the same as they used to be. It was always a welcoming, friendly way to shop. One of these days I may have to get myself out of the house and visit one again. 

#growmeastory

© 03JUN2022 ajjahner

No comments: