Thursday, June 16, 2022

Haiku Prompt and Other Stuff

 I decided to tackle another of the June prompts I missed.

9. Write a haiku about your life this week.

Cell phone message pings

Long lost sister has been found

Explosion of joy


This is a rough, unedited haiku but it gives a brief picture of the moment my youngest sister
found my message from 5 years ago on Facebook and decided to take a chance and contact me.
It was a moment of pure joy!

~ ~ ~

My youngest sister and I have not made definite plans to get together in person yet, but hope to do that sometime soon. Other things happening with me are as follows.

I'm increasing my exercises to regain more of my mobility, while trying to eat a more heart healthy diet. What I thought was working ended up being too high on carbs. Soooo... less protein and less carbs and less salt. Basically less of all the delightful foods I love. More fruits and veg and fiber, which I also enjoy, but changing my palette has not been easy. It is important though, so I will comply! 

I have vowed to tackle my hoarding problem. My home is not just full of "stuff" but is incredibly dusty. Two years of physical limitations did not help. My husband has been wonderful as caregiver, cook, chauffeur, gardener, shopper, taking care of all the laundry. He's done it all, so dusting is not a priority to him or to me, and my "stuff" has to be sorted by me. Nobody else can decide what things are important for me to keep and which are to go to new homes. I have to do that part of it.

I'm still taking a Zoom class through Grow Me A Story and it has been so helpful! I'm doing a lot more writing, and I am enjoying it. I've also done a couple of craft projects. I haven't fully utilized the "Creative Rendezvous" we're assigned to do each week. It's a 2 hour block of time to explore and create on your own. It's hard for me to plan those since I'm not driving yet, but soon! I'd like to take myself to a museum or an actual bookstore or a second hand shop. Then treat myself to a fancy coffee somewhere. When I do go on my rendezvous I'll be sure to write about it here. Well, that's enough for today. Hope you are all well and happy!


© 16JUN2022 ajjahner

2 comments:

Sally said...

I'm glad you're slowly doing better, Nita Jo. And sorry that I haven't been around very much with blogging. I'm glad that you like to write; that is going to be my next project if and when things around here get back to normal (there's no normal is there?).

Take care and God bless.

xoxo

Nita Jo said...

Hi Sally! Nice to see you back! I only recently started blogging a little more often. I hope I can keep it up. Life gets so busy! Sending hugs!