Thursday, June 2, 2022

The Beach

June 2nd Prompt - Write about a time you visitied the beach.

Beach picture from Pixabay


Though I had seen the ocean on a couple of occasions, my first time to actually go down to the beach was on our honeymoon. We stayed at a hotel overlooking the beach in Lincoln City, Oregon. Our room had sliding glass doors with a view of the ocean. They opened up to a short flight of steps leading down and you were right on the sandy beach. Even though it was July, the air was cold enough for a light sweater or wind breaker. I remember walking along looking for seashells and pretty rocks. I didn't find too many shells, but I picked up a couple rocks for my collection. It was nice walking beside the ocean with my new husband, my love. It was fun seeing sandpipers running along the beach. We took off our shoes and walked in the very cold water. The sights, the smell of the fresh air, the sound of the waves, and the smile on my new husband's face are some of my happiest memories. 

#growmeastory

© 02JUN2022 ajjahner

No comments: