Wednesday, June 1, 2022

It's June!

June has arrived, sunny and beautiful! With it a new list of prompts from Grow Me A Story. I'll add my first one below but first I want to share a bit. This class I've been taking has been so helpful in breaking down some roadblocks I had about my writing. In addition to the daily writing exercises, I've been writing on this blog a little more faithfully, I've written a couple of short stories and a poem, and I finally picked up the draft pages of a book I started years ago and began the process of dusting them off. Yesterday I spent a couple hours reading about half the pages I'd written. I made a few edits. I also added notes for information I need to add to the book as I begin working on it again. I have a long way to go, but I feel confident that this is a book I want to complete, and I'm excited to get back to work on it.

Now for the first June Prompt:


Photos from Pixabay

June 1 Prompt - Summer

Summer is my least favorite season because of the heat, but I do have wonderful memories of happy summer days. Random thoughts like waking early and the dew is still on the grass. A world of flowers in bloom. Walking barefoot. In the grass it's cool and tickly, in the gravel it hurts a bit and is warm. Trips to Lucky Peak when I was a kid. Watermelon. Fresh strawberries. Hot dogs cooked on a grill. Coca-Cola. Snow cones. Ice cream cones. Warm sun beating down and feeling so good on my skin. Shorts and halter tops. Children running through sprinklers. Baseball in the back yard. Hide and seek. Summer days gone by. So many memories!



© 01JUN2022 ajjahner

No comments: