Wednesday, June 8, 2022

The Scent of June

The prompt for June 4th was "Describe the scent of June" so here is what I came up with in the allotted 5 minutes:

The scent of June. That phrase evokes so many memories. Early summer with it's warm breezes brings  many scents. Fresh laundry dried on the line and the smell of warm cotton sheets. Freshly mown grass. I love that smell! Some days there is rain, like today. The occasional wafting odor of summer roses and other flowers. Burgers, chicken, or hot dogs cooking over an outdoor grill. Watermelon slices, ripe and juicy and ready to eat. There is a smell I remember from the beach at Lucky Peak. Warm sand, the water, the assortment of picnic foods, sunscreen, and just a hint of sage brush and perhaps pine blowing in on the hot breezes. All the scents of early summer.

~ ~ ~

It's a short paragraph. Again, I had a little trouble pulling my thoughts together on this one. I am also typing from my handwritten, unedited version, so it's a bit rough. 

I may skip a couple of the prompts, but will come back with one or two tomorrow. That's it for today!


#growmeastory

© 08JUN2022 ajjahner

4 comments:

Donna said...

Oh Nita! I felt like I was there with you...show, don't tell...you did it perfectly!
hugs
Donna

Nita Jo said...

Thank you! These prompts give me great writing practice and they are also fun to try. Hugs to you too!

Sally said...

I was right there with you, girl. You really have a great talent.
xoxo

Nita Jo said...

Thanks Sally! I really appreciate the feedback! Sending hugs!