Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Music... and stuff

It's been a busy time at my home. PJ has been painting the exterior over the past two weeks. He's getting very close to being done. I have about 50 other projects lined up that I'd love to have done... garden, repair and paint fence, repaint all the metal lawn furniture and decor, have a new cover over our back patio (before the old one comes down on our heads), clean and repair my birdhouses... then we go inside for paint, carpet, linolium... like I said the list goes on and on. It's shocking how much piles up after years and years of living in the same home. When did everything get so old and rickety... when did I?!?

With everything that's been going on, I haven't written as much as I'd like to. I did spend some time adding tunes to my blog. If you hate reading with music on... or just dislike my choices, you can press the pause button, switch song selection, or just turn your computer volume down.

I enjoy hearing other peoples music choices. It seems like an extra little window into their world. I only have about a 39 second bit of Mahalia Jackson singing one of my favorite songs... it's all I could find. I have been a fan of hers since I was a small child. My grandmother would put on her album and we'd sing along. Hearing Mahalia's voice is much like hearing my grandma's... familiar, uplifting, and full of feeling.

I hope your day has been filled with blessings. Mine has. Each moment is a blessing.

1 comment:

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

love all your selections..they are wonderful.
xoxo nita