Friday, July 18, 2008

What A Day

This has been a glorious day! I found a couple of "new to me" blogs that were so uplifting. One of them had a scripture tag, and I liked it so much that I added one to the sidebar of my blog. Scroll down to see some of the new things I have been adding.

Yesterday, I said goodbye to my doctor. Dr. T has been a rock for me the past few years. After being shuffled from one doctor to another, I found her. She took the time to listen to what I was saying, and took nothing for granted. She was the one who researched, followed through, and found that I had Multiple Sclerosis. I was able to begin a treatment of injections, which has slowed the progress of this disease.

She found my mother's cancer the first day she saw her. Mom had been treated for "stomach pain" for over a year with prescription antacids. Dr. T said she immediately felt the tumor during the exam. If Mom had not taken my advice to see Dr. T for a second opinion, I know her life would have been shortened even more. Mom began treatment almost immediately, and she had a few very wonderful years with us.

Not all doctors are created equal. Dr. T not only had the "book knowledge", she honestly cared for her patients. I will miss her so much, but am happy that she will be able to be a stay at home mom. It's a time in her life when her daughters need more of her. It's a blessing she has the option of making this important choice.

I remember the day when I was able to become a stay-at-home mom. It was both a financial sacrifice and a huge life blessing. The blessing far outweighed any other choice for me.

I wish my dear Dr T the very best of blessings on her family. God knows each step we will take on our life journey. We just have to continue walking and trusting.

3 comments:

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

Dearest Nita, I know it is hard to lose someone we have come to trust.
I am so sorry to hear about your Mom. You seem like a brave woman.
I hope your weekend is a blessed one. I love your music selections.
Love the other Nita LoL

Nita Jo said...

Nita,
Thanks for the sweet thoughts. I think of you as brave! I think we may be much the same, some days it's easier to be brave than others. Faith keeps us strong.
Bless you!

Dixie Belle said...

I worked for a couple of doctors like that and when they retired after 40 years in practice, their patients were lost. I see some of them in stores and they always say they still miss Doc.