Monday, January 23, 2012

Day 23 - Beginnings, One of Those Days

I've started this post three times now.  Maybe this is one of those days where "if you can't say somethin' nice, don't say nothin' at all" is the rule to go by.  It was a very long Monday, and it was definitely "one of those" kind of days.  The kind of day where roadblocks seem to pop up at every turn. A dreary kind of day that started grey and rainy.

Do you know what you do with that kind of a day?  You either turn it around, or relax and go with it.  Sometimes just starting a new project, or getting out of the house, will get my energy going in a new, positive direction. Other times, it pays to just settle in.  Settling in was my choice for today.  I put on my comfiest clothes, warmed up leftover pizza, fluffed a pile of pillows on the sofa, and watched MI-5 from my Netflix Queue.  There's nothing like a little espionage, with British accents, to make the hours fly by.  I can't say it was a productive day, but it was a nice little escape from reality.  Tomorrow will be soon enough to get back to that big to-do list.

No comments: