Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Day 25 - Beginnings, My Love of Vinyl Records

You already know I'm one of those people that likes to keep everything.  That includes vinyl records!  A few years ago, I made myself sell a bunch of my old favorites at a yard sale.  Mistake!  I miss those albums, and they didn't take up much space.  Some have never been released on CD, so that music is just gone.

Do you remember your first record album?  Mine was one by the Chipmunks.  Later on, I was given a storybook album of "Goldilocks & The Three Bears" and a Perry Como Christmas album.  I still love Perry Como!  My mom gave me a stack of 45's when I was about 8 or 9.  My favorite of those was the Kingston Trio "It Takes A Worried Man".  My sis and I used to play it on all the different speeds, trying to sing it hyper fast and high pitched or very slow with deep bass voices.  Often our cousins were over to join in on the singing.  We knew how to create our own fun!  Pause my playlist (over on the sidebar), and have a listen to this old favorite of mine!


Over the years my collection grew to include Fleetwood Mac, Dolly Parton, Neil Young, Barbra Streisand, Emmylou Harris, The Gatlins, The BeeGees, Heart, Nat King Cole, James Taylor... I could go on and on.  I loved music.  I had everything from rock to country to gospel, and it all started with that first Chipmunks album.


© 25JAN12 ajj

1 comment:

Donna said...

I can't find One Eyed, One Horned, Flying Purple People Eater....Hahaaa... I loved it!!
Hughugs